(Sighs) I Love This Quote! :)
"It seems so funny and horrible to think of Diana's being married," sighed Anne...
"I don't see what's so horrible about it, when she's doing so well," said Mrs. Lynde emphatically. "Fred Wright has a fine farm and he is a model young man."
"He certainly isn't the wild, dashing, wicked young man Diana once wanted to marry," smiled Anne. "Fred is extremely good."
"That's just what he ought to be. Would you want Diana to marry a wicked man? Or marry one yourself?"
"Oh, no. I wouldn't want to marry anybody who was wicked, but I think I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't. Now, Fred is hopelessly good."
"You'll have more sense some day, I hope," said Marilla.
-Anne of the Island
I know... you all think I've lost it. But I haven't. Nor have I changed. (I know, you're all like "we wish!" :D) Nevertheless, Anne couldn't have said it more perfectly. I absolutely LOVE this part from Anne of the Island. Wow. :)


4 Comments:
You do know that's one of my very favorites, too, right?
;-)
1:51 PM
I could have guessed; sisters are often very much alike... besides that; great minds think alike! ;) :D
I love you, girl!!! <3
7:11 PM
Great quote! :)
11:46 AM
Hey!
I found your blog through Bethany Wissmann's.
This is SO funny! We love this movie, and I have always loved this quote! This is what I say when I try to describe to my mom the kind of guy I would like to marry! It's a running joke in our family! I love it....
:-)
5:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home