Answered Prayer!
Okay, there's this Catholic nunnery about 10 minuets or so away from our house, and this past winter I drove past it every week. I had a burden for these dear older ladies for a long time.
So, I started praying that God would give me an opportunity to witness to these ladies. Then I thought, well you know, I should just go over there and volunteer for any work they might have, and maybe then I'd be able to share with them. I talked to my family about it some, and they all basically told me that I had a great idea but as soon as I went they'd say; Are you Catholic? and of course I would tell them no. That would be the end.
I just kept praying about it...
Today I needed to run some errands, and I thought; It's on the way, so what's the hurt in trying?
I was praying almost the whole way there. When I went in the first thought that came to my mind was Wow, they really are Catholic! :D (The huge cross necklaces and everything) I went up to the front desk and told the lady I would like to volunteer for any work they might have helping with the "sisters". She seemed very happy and surprised. She called the administrator who took me to her desk, had me sit down and tell her a little bit about myself, what I'd be willing to do ect. After all that she said "Well, Rebecca we'll see what we can do, let me check with my schedule and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I think I'll have you work a couple times a week for two hours each time. Thank you very much for being willing to do this. I'll have you doing things like; reading to them, writing their letters, even feeding the blind ones their food."
I couldn't believe what I just heard! It was exactly what I'd been praying for. I don't know why I was surprised, God can to anything. I was just think WOW the whole way home. :)
Anyhow, I just thought I'd share this with you all... if you think of me you're welcome to pray that God would give me lots of opportunity's to witness for His name.
Labels: evangelism, God, Inspiration, news, praise, thankfulness, witnessing


4 Comments:
Praise God. That will be an awesome opportunity to live out the life of Jesus to people who have never met him personally. Most of them have only seen him as some icon in their church.
As I heard from one man's testimony: You need to be 'Jesus with skin on' for them. :)
I'll be praying for you!
9:20 AM
That is great! I pray that Jesus would be seen through you as you help them out. One thing to think about... the nuns are probably a mix of those who truly have a relationship with Jesus and those who are just "spiritual." Pray that the Lord will give you the wisdom to distinguish between the two and that you will know what to say to both. You might find some true "Sisters in the Lord!"
11:44 AM
Ryan, Thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement I really appreciate it! We are indeed not only to "Talk the Walk" but also to "Walk the Talk"! :)
Elizabeth, While I totally understand what you're saying, I would find it hard to believe that there are real born-again Christians in the Catholic church. Both of my parents are former Roman Catholic's in fact, my mom wanted to be a nun before she was saved. When you talk to a "good" Catholic you'll find that they agree with almost everything you're saying, but they mean something totally different. For example being "born-again" to us means to repent and trust the Savior, to them it means when they were baptized as an infant. They also believe that your good works will saved you, and the Bible is very clear that that's totally wrong. (Eph. 2:8-9)
While I don't in any way doubt that they love God, I think that the God they're worshiping doesn't even exist.
I'm not saying that it's impossible to be a Christian and a Catholic, I am saying that I think it's very improbable. So many of the Catholic doctrines are contrary to Scripture.
My prayer is that God would give me opportunities to witness to them, and to live out the real Christian life before them.
Thank you so much for your prayers though. I really hope you understand what I'm saying. :)
God Bless!
4:49 PM
I'm praying for you. May God bless you with wisdom in how to talk to them, and boldness to say it. That is something I'm trying to work on.
11:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home