God is SO amazing!
I've been gone this past weekend at the La Crosse County Fair, and I thought I'd share a bit of what went on and ask you all to pray.
I'd like to start out by saying; please never doubt God, He is so amazing! I know that might sound weird, but a lot of times I pray for something and then I'm shocked when God answers. I really shouldn't be because God has never failed me, but I often fail Him, I just need to loose all trust in myself and totally rely on Him for everything.
God was so faithful this past weekend, I was able to present the gospel tens of times, and funny how I can share and share and share and I never get tired of telling the beautiful gospel over. I never said "man, I have to tell that again", it was more like "wow, God, you are so good to let a forgiven wretch like me share such an awesome story of God's love for all mankind!" I can't even begin to explain how blessed I was, I mean, nothing match's being able to share of the cross of Christ!
At one point I was talking to a group of young people and I had went through the law with them, and then I presented the gospel, and this young man probably about 17 started jumping up and down yelling "I just got it, I just got it" and his friends were like "you just got what?", and he said "The whole reason why Jesus had to die on the cross, it never made sense to me before, but now I see because of my sin He had to die." It really made me think that the modern day gospel that Jesus died to give people a better life or that He just "has a wonderful plan for their life" doesn't even make sense to people. It gives no reason for the death of Jesus, and then if they "try Jesus" and it doesn't work then they're bitter. We need to remember to share with people that they must come to Jesus for righteousness, because many times people don't have a better life when they are born-again but rather the promise is fulfilled "all they that live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."
As a funny note, though, I was told that I have a New Hampshire accent, and they wanted to know where I was from. When I told them I'd lived in Wisconsin all my life they said "well, maybe it's just a knock-around country accent." :D LOL. I thought that was so funny. I've never been told something like that before!

Caren witnessing

Chris witnessing

Me with a pretty wild group! :D

Aubrey and I

Chris and Christy witnessing :)

Dad talking to some friends of ours

See if you can pick Chris and Mr. Mattews out of the crowd. ;)

Mr. Mattews and Chris again


Me and my good friend Kenndal (thanks for liking me even after all our heated talks ;) :D)

Laren, me, and Aubrey

I love you, Christy! Thanks for all your help this past weekend! Your love and passion for God was such a blessing, and I don't think I could've done made it without your great sense of humor! (I really think that's why we hit it off ;) j/k)
A very Happy belated birthday to you! (((hugs)))
Labels: evangelism, friends, God, Inspiration, love, me, news, photos, prayer request, witnessing


1 Comments:
"...I just need to loose all trust in myself and totally rely on Him for everything." TOTALLY! And you're right about Him being so faithful. I finally asked myself when He ever let me down, found the answer was "never", and so my faith was boosted.
It looks like that was a really great experience. What you said about the modern day Gospel made me think; we really should just stick to God's word. It always turns out so much better!
12:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home