Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy 19th Bithday...

... To the best sister in the whole world! (No, you can't even beg to disagree!)

Since we were little (I should say "littler", cuz we're both still short!) we've played, worked, argued, (she is MY sister, you know) read, and basically everything we did we did together.

She's was my hero. I always wanted to be just like her, ('till she decided to marry a Chinese man! :D) even though I never did become like her, she still is and always will be my hero!

I truly have never know a girl as wonderful as her. To put it simply, she's amazing!

If she's your friend you have an amazing precious friend. She'll believe in you, and always think the best. If you do something wrong "there must be some mistake", and if you do something right, she "knew you could do it"!


Some of my favorite memories with her are telling her about books I just read or am reading. I remember telling her stories from Robin Hood while we both almost died laughing - to Pride and Prejudice, as I wondered if somehow Jane Austen knew her - she just HAS to be Jane! Or explaining the Ivanhoe plot once more just for the fun of it. Having her roll her eyes at me as I quoted a section from Macbeth.

The witnessing we did together Halloween night, and at fairs. Like the time she dared me to go up and witness to a group of about 20 teenage boys - wow, that was scary! :D

And then the day came when her life dream looked like it was coming true. She was getting on a plane and heading to China as a missionary - because she loved Jesus, and as she would have said it "so that the Lamb would receive the reward of His suffering."


I knew I would miss her, what I didn't know was how much. I told her when she left she wouldn't come how single. She didn't believe me. But I was right. She left May 20th, and in September she became engaged to a Chinese man. (that I had never met :'/) I couldn't be more happy for her. But neither can I help but feel said at the same time. I will miss my sister.


She's Rachel!

I Love you so extremly much! I know you have no choice but to be my sister, thanks for bearing it as best you can! ;)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca dear, you almost made me CRY! :'( Thank you so much for this- bless your sweet, sweet heart! <3
I love and miss you more than you know!!! Hopefully we'll meet again soon ;)
And really, you always wanted to be just like me? Wow. :) Thanks. :)

PS, These pictures are Downright Hilarious- and how old??? LOL.

PPS, I wouldn't mind a bit if you still wanted to be just like me- I might be able to find you a Chinese guy too ;)

PPPS, I MISS YOU!

1:25 AM

 
Blogger Deborah said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I love you and miss you!

8:22 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

aww.. how sweet! (looks like Becca's not the only one with a sweet and amazing sister! I think Rachel has one too! ;)

Happy Birthday Rae - I love you! <3

**hugs to you both**

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Elizabeth Pruett said...

Happy birthday to Rachel!

What a sweet post, Becca!

8:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful post elizabeth! and a happy very-belated birthday to Rae!
love you both! <3

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Caitlin said...

I love dis post. :)

And I just tagged you!

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Brittney said...

"If she's your friend you have an amazing precious friend."

Becc@, I loved this post. You put it so perfectly. I love our sweet Flowergurl so much and am so blessed to have her as a friend. You described your amazing sister so well. Thanks for making me miss her 10 times more!!!

I love you, Rachel. Happy Birthday. ((((HUGS)))) .... from half-way around the world. ;)

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home