Don't deny God anything...
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to his purpose."
I've been thinking lately about the hero's of the faith that have gone before us, if they had denyed God something just because they didn't know the future, I don't believe that we would look up to them as hero's. The reason we see them as hero's is because they served the Lord even when it didn't seen easy or fun. I really like what Florence Nightingale said(my all time Hero of the faith!) "If I could give you information on my life it would be to show how a woman of very ordinary ability has been led by God in strange and unaccustomed paths to do in His service what He has done in her. And if I could tell you all, you would see how God has done all, and I nothing. I have worked hard, very hard, that is all; and I have never refused God anything." We have the same God as she did, and remember; what God will do for one person he will also do you! But its not going to be easy, in order for Him to fill us we must not already be full of something else!
Never forget that He will work all things together for good to them that love God. But He can't if when He calls us according to His purpose, and we don't follow!
Question for my readers
I wondering what sort of weekly posts you would like to see? Please everyone please give me your idea's, they are welcome and wanted!=)
Prayer Request's
Please pray for my friend and pen-pals Mom; a couple of weeks ago Mrs. Martinez had a stroke, last I heard she was going thru therapy and was doing a little better, but her and her family still needs our prayers!
Also please pray for my good friend in TN, her sister's getting married and she's having a hard time with it. But I know that she's also very happy for her sister!


5 Comments:
Good post Becc@! I have really liked Florence Nightingale too!
I can't think of any ideas for you, but whatever you write, I know I'm gonna like it ;).
I certainly will pray for Mrs. Martinez,and for your friend in TN! Thanks for telling me about it!
7:42 AM
I will be praying for the families of your friends, Bee@. Thanks for posting the quote from Florence Nightingale. She is one of my heroes too!
As for a weekly post, you might post a "favorites" post. Each week you could share the Bible verse that God used to speak to you that week, the words to a song you appreciated that week, your favorite meal, favorite day, etc. Anything you decide on will be great!
9:06 AM
Hi Becca!
I think writing of what you've been up to lately, followed by what you've learned recently with Bible devotions would be a great weekly post. Whatever it is, it's sure to be fine.
I'll pray for your friends.
-Kasie
10:52 AM
Thanks every one for your ideas!
And also your prayers! Mrs. Martenez is doing alot better.
7:10 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
9:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home