Updatish Post
(Honey Crisp Apple Blossom)
So. Now it's time for an update on my life. I honestly can't believe how fast time flies. I look at pictures from when I was a littlER kid, and I think, "where on earth did the time go?". And honestly, at times I begin to wish I was a little girl again - and wonder WHY I always wanted to be "big" and everything. I'm so ready to be "Rebeketa" again.
(Christian, Rachel, Me and Chris)
But in other ways, it's actually pretty amazing growing-up. Watching God work. Looking for my "bend in the road." Speaking of which, I start my new job tomorrow working as a CNA at the Catholic Nursing home. It's completely wonderful the way God worked everything out... I just finished school this month, and I start wondering what God has for me, what I'm going to do now that I've finished school, and all that, and lo and behold the Nursing home hires me the week I finish school. I've had amazing witnessing experiences there, and God has really used the time I've spent there to grow and stretch me.
Anyhow, I'll be working at the Villa and this fall I'll be taking the official CNA course - which I'm slightly nervous about, but it shouldn't be too bad. I'm going to be working as an on-call person for a while, which means I could be working anywhere from 2-5 days a week. The hours are from 2:30 - 10:30 pm, which actually is right up my ally. I'm so much more of a night person than a morning person. :D Although I'm dearly going to miss meal-time with my family, which honestly is my favorite part of the day. :(
This July I'm going to have my graduation party, and I'm pretty excited about it because I'll be seeing some good friends of mine that I haven't seen in a long time! Yayness!
Oh, I'd like to ask for every one's prayers for all the ministry we did at a local fair this past weekend. Especially for one young man that we talked to named Mike. He *really* needs prayer. He can't seem to get over the idea that the gospel is a free gift - he wants to DO something, because he thinks it would be wrong to take something for nothing. We've actually met him before at one other fair, and he really seems to be searching. So, yeah. Please pray for him if you think of it.
My 18th birthday was *extremely* awesome. No joke. I have the most wonderful brothers in the whole world. Chris and Christian took me canoeing all day for my birthday. We had a blast. We dumped out a couple times on purpose and once by accident. I think the accident one was my favorite. It was so scary and fun at the same time. What happened was that we hit a tree branch that we didn't see and Christian panics and jumps out, his feet hit the side of the canoe and tips the whole thing over. Chris jumps out too, while I hang on trying to tip it right side up. Unfortunately, that made me be pinned underneath the canoe. I couldn't get out from under it, until all of a sudden I hear Chris yell, "Where's Rebecca?!," and I feel his hand pulling me out of the water. It was so nice to breath air again. :D We all laughed so hard after that. It was super! :) After we got home we went and set up the tent and all at the fair, and when I got home mom had made me a delicious chocolate cake. So, basically, I had a wonderful 18th birthday!


7 Comments:
Happy Belated Birthday "Elizabeth"!! <3 <3
7:09 AM
thanks for posting, dear beccy. <3 loved it!
8:23 AM
Liked the post! And Happy Belated Birthday to you!!! <3
10:17 AM
You're SO beautiful.
7:47 PM
It's nice to read an update on your life. Sounds exciting! I hope the new job is going well. I loved that old photo you and your siblings -- from comparing the old and the new -- you still have the same smile! Happy Belated Birthday and God bless you!
7:30 AM
you're tagged. :)
10:57 AM
um...i think you need to do another updatish post... :)
5:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home