Thursday, September 06, 2007

They loved not there lives unto death

"I have no more personal friends at school. But you know what? I am not going to apologize for speaking the name of Jesus. I am not going to justify my faith to them, and I am not going to hide the light that God has put into me. If I have to sacrifice everything, I will, I will take it.
If my friends have to become my enemies for me to be with my best friend, Jesus, then that's fine with me."

Rachel Scott, 17, Columbine martyr

"Father take my life, yes, my blood if Thou wilt, and consume it with Thine envolpong fire. I would not save it, for it is not mine to save. Have it Lord, have it all. Pour out my life as in oblation for the world. Blood is the only value as it flows before Thine altar."
Jim Elliot, martyr(written age 21)

"Now I have given up on everything else. I have found it to be the only way to really know Christ and to experience the mighty power that brought Him back to life again, and to find out what it means to suffer and to die with Him. So whatever it takes, I will be one who lives in the fresh newness of life of those who are alive from the dead."
Cassie Bernell,17, Columbine martyr

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quotes, thanks for posting something!

To die for Jesus, what a privilege that is! Have you ever read "Fox's Book of Martyrs"? Very powerfull and encouraging.

With Love,
Your most talkative friend that's not telling you something and keeping you in suspense,

Faith

2:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awsome stuff!!!!!

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Becc@ said...

Hey, Faith!
Thanks for the comment! I glad you appreciated the post. ;)
I read bits and pieces of "Fox's Book of Martyrs" but not the whole thing strait through.

8:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I haven't read the whole thing yet. I'm just about half-way through. "Bloody Mary" sure earned her title!

I might not be able to call you tommorow, I've got a big day with a big trip. I'll let you know what's going on soon, I promise!!

With love,
Your procrastinating friend,
Faith

10:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home