Here is the final post about our trip to TN...
Sunday morning, after getting a good nights rest, we all tumbled out of bed and started getting ready for church that day... we were planing on going to my friend Faith Borck’s church, and my Dad was supposed to have call her dad a couple days before, but shortly after entering IN his cell phone went out of service. So, Dad used the hotel phone, got directions, and headed to their church which was about 20 minuets away.
When we got there different ones of their family came out to greet us. (they have fifteen kids, one happily married.)
When we got there different ones of their family came out to greet us. (they have fifteen kids, one happily married.)
All of Faith’s family said it was so good to meet someone that they’d heard so much about!:D
After I had said “Hello” to most of her family, but I still didn’t see Faith, it was so weird... then as I went in she came running down the stairs, and gave me this huge bear hug!
The first thing she said to me was “You don’t look a bit like your picture!” I knew who her big brother was when he slammed his Bible on her head, and said “Faith!”, She said “Oh, by the way that’s my big brother Nathaniel.”:)
Soon it was time to start church. The messages were good, I appreciated the emphasis on getting sin out of your life, although I didn’t agree with everything Ithat was said, but I really appreciated the zeal, and passion for the Lord.
Right after the service, our friend Deborah called, Faith said “Here, Becca, you answer it.” So, I answered and said “Hello this is the Borck’s”,(for some reason every one around me busted up laughing:)) Deborah didn’t even recognize that it was me, and said “Can I please speak to Faith?”, I said “Sure Deborah, by the way this is Becca!”
Deborah told my later that she thought it sounded like me, but was sure that I wouldn’t be the one answering the phone.;-D
After church I met a bunch of Faith friends, all of whom were “So glad to meet someone they’d heard so much about!” (I to say, I really started to wonder what she was saying about me!)
Soon everyone left, and we had lunch with the Borck family. I really enjoyed myself allot! Faith and I really ‘hit it off’! We ate, talked, laughed, went out to see their pond, and took pictures together.
The first thing she said to me was “You don’t look a bit like your picture!” I knew who her big brother was when he slammed his Bible on her head, and said “Faith!”, She said “Oh, by the way that’s my big brother Nathaniel.”:)
Soon it was time to start church. The messages were good, I appreciated the emphasis on getting sin out of your life, although I didn’t agree with everything Ithat was said, but I really appreciated the zeal, and passion for the Lord.
Right after the service, our friend Deborah called, Faith said “Here, Becca, you answer it.” So, I answered and said “Hello this is the Borck’s”,(for some reason every one around me busted up laughing:)) Deborah didn’t even recognize that it was me, and said “Can I please speak to Faith?”, I said “Sure Deborah, by the way this is Becca!”
Deborah told my later that she thought it sounded like me, but was sure that I wouldn’t be the one answering the phone.;-D
After church I met a bunch of Faith friends, all of whom were “So glad to meet someone they’d heard so much about!” (I to say, I really started to wonder what she was saying about me!)
Soon everyone left, and we had lunch with the Borck family. I really enjoyed myself allot! Faith and I really ‘hit it off’! We ate, talked, laughed, went out to see their pond, and took pictures together.
Faith and I again^
Then Faith took me up to her room to give me this “egg”, that she’d told me about over the phone before we got there. She told me “Becca, I have this fake “egg” I want to give you, it feels very real, I already pulled it over on my sister Heather, she tried, and tried to crack it, then told mom that it was a rotten egg. I want you to pull this over on your mom or Rachel.” I said “Great!” Sounded like fun to me!
All too soon it was time to leave, we had a fifteen hour drive home, and we were going to drive strait home, because Dad had to go to work right away Tuesday morning.
Faith and I talking^
Hugs, and well wishes were exchanged, and we all piled into the van and headed for home!
It was a very long drive, towards the end I was getting kinda worried about Dad, because he was pinching himself, pulling his hair, trying to get me to rub his shoulders, and do every thing he could to keep himself awake!
Finally, though, we did make it home around 2:00a.m in the morning.
Slept in till 11:00a.m.
Got up, and Rachel started making scrambled eggs for breakfast. I thought “Yes, here’s my chance to put this “egg” that Faith gave me in the egg carton, and see what happens!"
Well, Rachel started cracking them, and soon she came to the “egg” that Faith gave me, she started trying to crack it, (in the mean time I was also in the kitchen cutting up unions.) She said “Rebecca, I don’t know what’s wrong with this egg, but it just won’t crack! Do you think it’s hollow in the middle?” I just stood there trying not to bust up laughing, and said “I don’t know.”
Then Chris came in and Rachel told him about it, and he said “Here, give it to me.” So she gave it to him, and he stood in the kitchen trying, and trying to crack it. Finally he said “Boy, I would think it was fake if it wasn’t in the egg carton!” Just then Dad came into the kitchen, and thetold him about the “strange” “egg”, soon Dad was trying to crack it to! Chris said “ad, can I just take it outside and smash it?” Dad said “No, I’ve never seen an egg like that, I think we should keep it!”
By that time I did start to laugh, and they all looked at me like “What on earth?”
So, I told them what it really was. I think we all got a pretty good laugh!:-D
That’s all for post’s about our trip. I hope ya’ll enjoyed it as much I enjoyed writting it.;-)



5 Comments:
Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed it! Especially the part about the "egg"!! That was side-splitting!!! :D
((HUGS!))
7:31 PM
Hey, Becc@,
I don't like the knew picture of yourself, you look like you just got knocked over the head,(I know I'm rude).
And I saw a few spelling mistakes;)
(WOW, that felt good).
10:23 AM
Hi... I still haven't got you a letter.... been pretty the past few weeks... mmaayybbee sometime you might get one!!! =) Have a great day! ~Linda
11:31 AM
Great post!!!
11:45 AM
I am finally back in the blogosphere after a "break." I enjoyed all your posts about your trip very much! It looks like you had a ton of fun!
9:46 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home